I found this tag over at Panda’s Books and she tagged me to do this tag so that’s what I’m doing now. Also, thank you for tagging me. I am very excited to do this tag because this kind of tags always makes a good foundation for discussions and I always like seeing other people’s opinions which may or may not be different from mine.
1. A popular book or series you didn’t like.
The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black. It’s not that I hated the book, but I definitely didn’t enjoy it as much as other people did. I found too many simmilarities to Harry Potter and I just couldn’t stand it. I also did a full review on this book, so if you want more of my opinions on that, you can check it out.
2. A popular book or series that everyone seems to hate, but you love.
It’s not that everyone hates this series, but not a lot of people love it, and I definitely do. Wolves of Mercy Falls by Maggie Stiefvater. I absolutely adore this trilogy and all the characters, and lately I’ve been seeing a lot of bad reviews on these books. No idea why.
3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with OR an OTP that you don’t like
Clara, Tucker and Christian from the Unearthly trilogy. I just can’t get over the fact she didn’t end up with the perfect guy for her. I hate that ending so much. Not fair. Urgh, I’m getting angry again.
4. A popular book genre that you hardly reach for.
Historical fiction. There are some historical fiction books that I really enjoy, but most of these book don’t intrigue me and I have no desire to read them.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Catelyn Stark. I just don’t like that woman. She’s super-annoying and I don’t agree with most of her decisions.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Chuck Palahniuk. People either love this author or they don’t like him at all. I’m in the other group. I just didn’t like his writing style and I don’t think I’ll be picking up any of his other books in the future.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
Evil adults and teenagers fighting against them and saving the world. If the book is done well, it can turn out well, but usually it’s just a cliche and very unoriginal.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
A Court of Thorns and Roses. The hype just killed this book for me, and I also am not a huge fan of Sarah J. Maas as a person (I’ve heard some not so good thingh about how she treats her fans). I don’t think I’ll ever pick that book up.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
The 100. This one was the easiest. I love the books, but the tv show is so many times more amazing and epic. It’s probably my favourite tv shows of all time.
That’s it for this tag. I tag Rachel from Book Reviews & Stuff.