I saw Kacie (Kacie’s Bookshelf) doing this tag and it seemed like a fun tag to do, so I decided to do it even tough no one tagged me. This tag was originally created by Megan Olivier, so make sure to go check out her channel as well.
1. Where do you buy your books from?
I buy books in bookshops, grocery stores and newspaper stands. If I buy books in the bookshop, it’s either Algoritam, Tisak Media Centar or APM bookstore. For grocery stores it’s either Konzum or Kaufland, and with newspaper stands it’s always Tisak. I know you’ve never heard of these places, but these are just Croatian stores (aside from Kaufland, which is German, I believe).
2. Do you ever pre-order books, and if so do you do it in-store or online?
I never preorder books because it’s just too expensive for me.
3. On average, how many books do you buy a month?
Not much. Sometimes I don’t buy any, or I buy one or two, but if it’s a good month I can end up with 6-10 books. It really depends about a lot of factors.
4. Do you use your local library?
Yes. I love it! Majority of the books I’ve read are from my library.
5. If so, how many books can you/do you borrow at a time?
My library has a policy that you can get 3 books at a time on one card. Now, the thing is, I have to membership cards because my parents like to read as well and during summer time, 3 books at a time are not enough. However, I rarely have more than 3 books out because I try not to be very greedy.
6. What is your opinion on library books?
Most of the time I think they are great, but sometimes it really pisses me off that some people don’t take care of books. I hate finding dirty or ripped pages, broken spines, dog-eared pages etc. It breaks my heart. I always try to be extra careful when I’m not reading my book.
7. How do you feel about charity shop/second hand books?
I think these are great. Unfortunately, I don’t have any near the place I live so I never actually bought a book there. But I wish there was something like that in my town. I think I’d be there every day.
8. Do you keep your read and TBR pile together/on the same book shelf or separate?
Currently all my books are together, but only a month ago I had them separated on TBR and read. I reorganize my shelves very often so that constantly changes.
9. Do you plan to read all of the books that you own?
Yes. There are a few book I’m not particularly interested in at the moment, but at some point I will get to them and read them. Also, I’m kind of doing 0by16 and Project TBR.
10. What do you do with books that you own, but feel you will never read/didn’t enjoy?
I just keep them on my shelf and hope one day I’ll be interested in them.
11. Have you ever donated books?
Unfortunately, in my town there is no place where you can donate your books, but if there was something like that, I would.
12. Have you ever been on a book buying ban?
Since I’m broke quite often, book buying bans are not really neccesary. If you don’t have money for books, you can’t buy them.
13. Do you feel that you buy too many books?
Nope. But my mom does.
I hope that you enjoyed this tag as much as I did. It’s quite old tag, but I really ike the questions, so whatever. I’m not going to tag anyone this time because I have no idea who did and who didn’t do this tag already, but if you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged.